But bananas… welllllllll. For one, I absolutely HATE yellow bananas. Yeah, you heard me. Ripe bananas are disgusting. I only eat a banana if it’s nice and firm with a tinge of green. My husband insists on yellow bananas, however. So guess what? Sometimes they get spotty because he doesn’t eat his yellow bananas. So I’m glad I found this recipe that takes extra, double, MASSIVE amounts of overrripe banana. Our family is solving the world’s food waste problem one banana at a time!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, or use a silicone pan for easier cleanup.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Separately, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until blended.
- Stir banana mix into flour mix just until your dry ingredients are well moistened. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool and then devour with butter or – my personal fave – honey! 🍌 🍞 🍯